The scrumptious Butter chicken counts among one of the most renowned main course curry dishes that originated in India. Aromatic golden chicken pieces in a luscious creamy curry sauce, this iconic restaurant style butter chicken recipe was invented in the kitchens of Moti Mahal.
This easy butter chicken recipe has continued to retain its crown for being the hit amongst Indians & as well as foreigners, especially those desiring to savor authentic Indian cuisines.
Before this savory & delicious butter Chicken could be prepared, Chicken pieces are marinated for several hours in lemon juice, yogurt & a good deal of spices. The chicken is then cooked either in a tandoor (traditional clay oven), grilled, roasted or even pan fried.
Usually served in a tomato based curry, this simple butter chicken is garnished with cream, green chilies & coriander.
Try your hands on this mouth-watering & authentic butter chicken to pound your day’s stress out or surprise your family & friends. I bet this succulent butter chicken masala will become a mainstay in your kitchen.
Follow the instructions given below to cook butter chicken Indian style at home. You may use cashew paste to thicken the gravy & make it more flavorsome.
|Prep Time||30 minutes|
|Cook Time||45 minutes|
- 750 Grams Chicken Thighs or Breasts Cut into pieces
- 1/2 Cup Plain Yogurt
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 Teaspoon Garam Masala
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 2 Tablespoon Edible Oil
- 250 Grams Onion Sliced
- 2 Tablespoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- 600 Grams Tomatoes
- 1 Teaspoon Red Chili Powder or Adjust as per your taste
- Salt to Taste
- 1 Cup Cream Heavy or Thickened
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kasoori Methi or Dried Fenugreek Leaves
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 10 Cashews Ground to Paste
For Chicken Marinade
For the Sauce
- Mix all the ingredients given under marinade head & chicken pieces in a bowl.
- Let the marinated chicken rest for 4-5 hours or overnight.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken pieces to it & shallow fry in oil until golden browned & set aside (you may grill the chicken pieces or even roast it in a tandoor).(
- Now heat oil in pressure cooker & add sliced onion & tomatoes to it. Pressure cook it till 3-4 whistles. Blend & sieve the puree.
- Heat oil another pan & add ginger garlic paste to it. Sauté for 2-3 minutes
- Add the puree obtained in step 2 to the ginger garlic paste in pan.
- Cook this sauce for 30 minutes & then add salt, sugar & red chili powder to it & give it a good stir. Let it cook for another 15 minutes.
- Now add cashew paste to this curry & cook it gently till the oil separates.
- Add cream, butter & Kasoori Methi to the curry & mix it well.
- Now add fried chicken pieces to the pan & cook for an additional 8-10 minutes until the chicken is cooked through & sauce becomes thick.
- Delicious & Luscious Butter chicken is ready. Garnish it with some cream & serve it with Naan or roti.
Contact Chef: Sugandha Mathur
You can also other chicken recipes:
3). Chicken Lollipop
One thought on “How to Make Luscious Butter Chicken Masala | Indian Cuisine”
Thanks for uploading these easy steps. This website is wonderful. Keep up the good work.
Butter chicken tastes wonderful!!!