When summer approaches & corns begin to flood the markets, Tod Man Khao Pod or baby corn fry recipe are the first seasonal treats made in Thailand. You can find street vendors serving fresh baby corn fry in huge batches.
The tod man khao pod recipe is a quick deep fry recipe that is prepared with baby corn, rice flour & a good deal of spices.
Try your hands on this easy baby corn fry & serve it as starters on short notice house parties, an evening snack or a side dish for lunch or dinner. This delicious vegetarian baby corn appetizer tastes best when served with Thai Sweet Chili Sauce or house salad.
Introduce this classic baby corn fry to your friends, along with a dip of your choice. Have a happy meal!
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||10 minutes|
- 400 Grams Baby Corn
- 100 Grams Corn Flour
- 100 ML Edible Oil For Deep Frying
- Salt to Taste
- 1/2 Teaspoon White Pepper Crushed
- 1 Teaspoon Ginger Garlic & Onion Paste
- 1 Teaspoon Red Chili Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Coriander Powder (Dhania Powder)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cumin Powder
- 2 Kaffir Lime Leaves Finely Sliced
- 50 ML Water
- Boil the baby corns for around 2 minutes until they turn tender
- Take a bowl & add Corn Flour, white pepper, ginger garlic paste, cumin powder & mix them well.
- Now add salt, red chili powder, coriander powder & kaffir lime leaves to the mixture & mix it till a batter with uniform composition is formed. Add water if required.
- Dip the boiled baby corn into the batter coating all the sides.
- Preheat oil in a pan for 2-3 minutes.
- Deep fry the baby corn until it turns crispy & golden brown.
- Drain the fried baby corn on paper towel to soak excess oil.
- Serve hot with house salad or sweet chili sauce.
Contact Chef: Payal Jethani
If you like this recipe, you may also try:
1). Veg Hara Bhara Kebab Recipe