Wild & desolate in the north and hot & humid in the south, Mexico, offers a delectable cuisine that reflects the rich culture of the country – colorful, radiant, invigorating and festive! The quintessential culinary delicacies of Mexico have resemblance with Indian cuisine. Just like Indian delicacies, authentic nachos are vibrant, delicious and crunchy. Beans & corn are the staples of Mexican food.
Among the renowned Mexican delights include fully loaded cheese nachos. In their simplest form, nachos are just tortilla chips covered in shredded cheese & Mexican- inspired herbs. Crispy treat for your tooth & taste buds, Nachos are an ultimate Mexican appetizer. They are light, crispy & involve a fresher more authentic corn taste.
A completely last minute cuisine, Nachos is a fantastically delicious dish & a perfect way to use leftovers. Fully loaded nachos recipe is awesome when served with a cheese dip.
Mexican nachos, an exquisite game day food, couldn’t be any easier to make. This super easy nachos recipe is foolproof & sure to be delicious. Tailored to your taste with tongue tingling flavors, the best way to make nachos is as follows. Feel free to mix & match with your favorite ingredients.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- 300 Grams Corn (Makkai) Flour
- 10 Grams Cumin Seeds
- 100 Grams Chopped Onion
- 10 Grams Red Chilli Powder
- 200 Milliliter Edible Oil
- 200 Grams Baked Beans
- 200 Grams Parmesan cheese
- 50 Grams Butter
- 50 Grams Refined flour (maida)
- 200 Milliliter Milk
- 150 Milliliter Water
- 50 Grams Cheddar Cheese
- Salt to Taste
- Take refined Corn (Makkai) flour, cumin seeds, red chili powder, salt, chopped onion in a bowl & mix well.
- Add some water to the mixture & knead it into a soft dough.
- Drizzle some oil on the worktop, place the dough on it, and roll out into a thin sheet. Prick it evenly with a fork.
- Take a knife & cut equally shaped triangles & keep aside.
- Pre-heat oil in a non stick pan (Kadhai) for few minutes.
- Place the triangles carefully in the hot oil, a few chips at a time.
- Deep fry the triangles on medium flame till golden & crisp.
- Turn the chips occasionally for uniform cooking & color.
- When cooked, transfer the chips to a plate lined with absorbent paper to drain excess oil.
- Sprinkle some spice mix on top while still warm.
- Take a saucepan. Heat the pan and add butter to it.
- Add plain flour (Maida) to it. Stir in the flour and cook for 1–2 minutes.
- Take the pan off the heat and gradually stir in the milk to get a smooth sauce.
- Return to the heat and, stirring all the time, bring the mixture to the boil.
- Simmer gently for 8–10 minutes. Stir in grated cheese and allow to melt ( Don't re-boil the sauce or it will become stringy).
- Season it with salt and pepper.
- Arrange nachos on a plate.
- Add baked beans on every nachos & sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese on the top.
- Garnish with coriander leaves & serve nachos with cheese sauce
Contact Chef: Payal Jethani
If you like this recipe, you can also try Tomato Basil Bruschetta At Home