Stuffed Kulcha or Bharwan Kulcha is a delicious North Indian Cuisine from Punjab. It is prepared with all purpose flour/refined flour & then stuffed with spiced potatoes. Some of the Kulcha ingredients include flour, baking powder, potatoes & cheese.
Traditionally, this delicious Indian flat-bread is baked in a clay oven (tandoor). It can also be prepared on Tawa.
This Stuffed Masala Kulcha is a heavenly delicacy that is savored with delight in Delhi & Punjab. Paneer Kulcha, Cheese Kulcha, Kashmiri Kulcha, Onion Kulcha & Butter Kulcha are some of the varieties of delectable Kulcha Bread.
The Bharwan Kulcha can be perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Try your hands on this crispy & soft textured aloo Kulcha recipe at home & impress your family with your culinary skills.
Pair it up with fresh home-made curd (yogurt), mango pickle, peshawari chole or Dal Makhani.
|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 300 Gram(s) Refined Flour
- 2 Gram(s) Baking Powder
- 5 Gram(s) Sugar
- 50 ML Milk
- 1 Egg
- 2 Gram(s) Salt
- 10 ML Oil
- 200 ML Water
- 50 Gram(s) Butter
- 50 Gram(s) Grated Cheese
- 300 Gram(s) Boiled Potatoes
- Sieve the flour & add salt & baking powder to it.
- Now add sugar, milk, egg & water to the flour and mix well.
- Add water to the flour and knead it well into medium soft dough.
- Apply a little oil on top of dough & cover it with a wet kitchen towel.
- Make equal size balls and apply oil.
- Press sides first and then center of the dough ball.
- Roll it into a round shape. Stuff cheese & potatoes & again make a ball.
- Roll it into a round shape.
- Stretch it from one side to give a triangular shape.
- Cook in clay oven.
- Remove it when it will become golden brown & apply butter.
- Serve hot with home-made curd or mango pickle.
Contact Chef: Payal Jethani
If you like this recipe, you may also try Besan Ki Missi Roti