Missi Roti is a healthy yet delectable Indian flatbread. It is a North Indian specialty that is often made at homes in the North Indian belt such as in Punjab and Rajasthan. This culinary delight is a savory blend of wheat flour & gram flour, seasoned with spices. The proportion of flour used in the recipe wholly depends on your palate.
Gram flour is a versatile item that has always found a permanent place in Indian kitchens. Popularly known as besan, it is highly nutritious & provides us with myriad health benefits. It lowers the blood cholesterol levels & is considered suitable for people suffering from diabetes.
Besan Ki missi Roti can be easily prepared at home by using simple ingredients. You don’t even need a curry to mop with this bread. It is delicious on its own & hence, this Roti recipe is a perfect delight for lazy weekends.
Try your hands on this simple and easy missi Roti recipe and savor it with your family and friends.
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- 200 Gram(s) Besan (Gram Flour)
- 100 Gram(s) Wheat Flour
- 10 Gram(s) Red Chili Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
- 5 Gram(s) Kasoori Methi
- 10 Gram(s) Salt
- 10 Gram(s) Coriander Leaves
- 20 Gram(s) Chopped Onions
- 10 Gram(s) Mint Leaves
- 5 Gram(s) Ajwain
- 200 Gram(s) Water
- 10 ML Oil
- 50 Gram(s) Butter
- Take gram flour (besan) and whole wheat flour in a bowl & mix them well.
- To the mixture add salt, red chilli powder, coriander leaves, mint leaves, kasoori methi, turmeric powder, chopped onions & ajwain.
- Add one tablespoon of oil to the mixture to accentuate the taste of the roti. Mix all the ingredients well.
- Now add water to this mixture & knead it into dough.
- Cover the dough with a lid & allow it to rest for about 15 minutes.
- Now divide the dough into 10 equal portions & make small balls.
- Roll each ball into medium sized rotis/chapatis.
- Heat a clay tawa over medium flame and cook the prepared Rotis on both sides with a little oil.
- Once the Roti is cooked on both sides, take it out with the help of skewer.
- Garnish it with a dollop of white butter & serve hot.
Contact Chef: Payal Jethani
If you like this recipe, you may also try Roomali Roti