Kashmiri Dum Aloo is a delicious Indian traditional dish that is delightfully savored throughout the world.
This luscious potato-based dish originates from the Kashmir valley and is a part of the Kashmiri Pandit Cuisine.It has another variant in Bengal known as Aloor Dum and it is eaten with Luchi (Deep-fried Flatbread).The key ingredients of this tasty dish include baby potatoes, yogurt and warm spices.
This gastronomic delight is a zesty combination of spices & flavor that will leave you spellbound wanting for more. You can easily prepare this lip-smacking dish with the readily available ingredients at your home.
To relish this traditional Kashmiri Dum Aloo, follow the instructions below and delight your friends and guests. Serve it with Hot Butter Naans or Jeera Rice.
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 600 Gram(s) Baby Potato
- 5 Gram(s) Whole Garam Masala
- 400 Gram(s) Yogurt
- 5 Gram(s) Cardamom Powder
- 5 Gram(s) Dry Ginger Powder
- 2 Gram(s) Clove Powder
- 2 Gram(s) Hing Powder
- 2 Gram(s) Saunf Powder
- 5 Gram(s) Jeera Powder
- 5 Gram(s) Garam Masala Powder
- 100 ML Oil
- 50 ML Mustard Oil
- 20 Gram(s) Green Coriander
- 10 Gram(s) W. Kashimiri Chili
- 5 Gram(s) Cumin Powder
- 20 Gram(s) Salt
- Boil the potatoes. Peel and prick the potatoes all over with the help of a fork.
- Heat oil in a Kadai and sauté the potatoes till they turn golden brown.
- Grind the Kashmiri red chilies in a grinder & make a paste.
- Whisk the yogurt with Kashmiri red chili paste, cardamom powder, dry ginger powder and sauf powder.
- Heat mustard oil in another pan and add whole garam masala, clove powder & hing. Add half a cup of water and salt & bring the mixture to boil.
- Stir the yogurt mixture and let it boil. Add fried potatoes and cook till the potatoes absorb the gravy and oil floats on top.
- Garnish with freshly roasted cumin powder, chopped green coriander and garam masala powder.
- Serve Kashimiri Dum Aloo with hot Butter Naans or Jeera Rice.
Contact Chef: Payal Jethani
If you like this recipe, you may also try Aloo Papadi Chaat