Originated from the Indian Subcontinent – Shami Kebab, in modern-day has gained its popularity in Indian, Pakistani and Bangladeshi cuisines. Effortless yet heavenly, this kabab recipe is an exquisite blend of Meat/Fish with spices. Garnished with Lemon juice and served with onion slices, one can encounter the explosion of the flavor volcano. It tastes inimitable when paired with mint chutney.
Get ready to try your hands on the finger-licking lamb shami kebab recipe. Amaze your family and friends by serving tender & juicy mutton shami kebab at the house parties, lunch, dinner and pot lucks. Happy Cooking!
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||1 hour|
- 800 Gram(s) Finely Minced Lamb
- 100 Gram(s) Raw Papaya Prepare a paste
- 100 Gram(s) Lamb Fat
- 75 Gram(s) Roasted Gram Flour
- 10 Gram(s) Red Chili Powder
- 10 Gram(s) Salt
- 20 Gram(s) Ginger Garlic Paste
- 100 Gram(s) Vegetable Oil
- 100 Gram(s) Lemon Juice
- 100 Gram(s) Chopped Onions
- 10 Gram(s) Green Chili
- 1 Egg
- 100 Gram(s) Mint Sauce
- 10 Gram(s) Galawati Masala
- Prepare a fine paste of mutton and lamb fat by passing it through mincer for 3-4 times.
- Combine the mutton mince with a fine paste of papaya.
- Now it’s time to add the real flavors to the dish. Add the roasted gram flour powder, red chili powder, salt, ginger and garlic paste & egg.
- To impart a unique smoky flavor, place a live coal in the center with some fats and clove and cover immediately. Don’t forget to mix galawati masala into the above mixture.
- Make round medallions of the lamb mixture of about 60 gm each.
- Heat some oil in a pan & place the kebabs carefully in it.
- Cook on both side till well done and serve hot with lemon wedges, onions & mint sauce.
Contact Chef: Payal Jethani
If you like this recipe, you may also try:
One thought on “How to Make Tender Shami Kebab At Home | Indian Cuisine”
Thanks For Sharing this Amazing Recipe. My Family Loved It. I will be sharing this Recipe with my Friends. Hope They will like it.