“Horiatiki”! The name was given to a salad discovered in 19th century by farmers in their daily quest on their fields; they had to eat- a little but full of protein diet. To accomplish this protein diet they mixed a few vegetations’ fruits/vegetables with some salt and pepper and made an after-breakfast protein intake, the infamous Greek salad that was later invaded by tomatoes.
The addition of tomatoes happened when authentic Greek salad recipe reached America. Though it was originally a summer dish, nowadays due to the availability of seasonal winter-grown vegetables lettuce has also been added to it.
All the vegans and diet conscious people must give this dish a chance to serve their hunger pangs.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
- 300 Gram(s) Lettuce
- 300 Gram(s) Red Onion Chopped
- 100 Gram(s) Parsley Chopped
- 100 Gram(s) Cucumbers Chopped
- 200 Gram(s) Cherry Tmatoes Chopped
- 10 Gram(s) Green Pepper Chopped
- 50 Gram(s) Olive(Black) Chopped
- 50 Gram(s) Olive(Green) Chopped
- 40 Gram(s) Feta Cheese
- 80 ML(s) olive oil
- 20 ML(s) Vinegar
- 5 Gram(s) Mustard Pd.
- 5 Gram(s) Thyme
- 5 Gram(s) Oregano
- 20 Gram(s) Salt
- 20 Gram(s) White Pepper
- Cut lettuce leaves, Chop parsley, Chop cucumber, Slice Green Pepper, also cut some Red Onion along with 1x 2 cherry tomatoes, and slice green and black olives & keep these cut vegetables aside.
- Put the ingredients in a misa bowl & mix them well.
- After mixing ingredients well, add dressings such as 80 ml olive, 20 ml vinegar along with 5 gm mustard, 5 gm oregano, 5 gm thyme, 20 gm salt and 20 gm white pepper. Mix well until the dressing fades into the salad.
- Pour the prepared salad on the plate and serve it with sauces of your choice.
Contact Chef: Payal Jethani
If you like this recipe, you may also try:
1). Macroni Basil Salad