Galouti Kebab is a luscious melt-in-the-mouth delicacy that was originally invented in the city of Nawabs, Lucknow in the North Indian state, Uttar Pradesh. The Khansamas of Nawab Asad-ud-Daula pioneered this delicious kabab recipe to quench Nawab’s insatiable thirst & love for different kebabs.
This culinary innovation of Lucknow in the form of Galouti kebab masala is savored across the world & is eminent for its rich taste & flavors. It tastes best when paired up with Mint-Coriander chutney.
Try your hands at this aromatic & delectable kebab at home. Serve it on the snacks platter at house parties or an extravagant weekend dinner with someone special. You may sprinkle some lemon juice on the kebabs before serving.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||45 minutes|
- 1 Kg Minced Lamb
- 1 Tablespoon Ginger Paste
- 2 Tablespoon(s) Garlic Paste
- 2 Tablespoon(s) Butter
- 4 Tablespoon(s) Raw Papaya Paste
- 1/2 Teaspoon Red Chili Paste
- 1/4 Teaspoon Mace Powder
- 4 Tablespoon(s) Bengal Gram Flour Lightly Roasted
- Salt to Taste
- 3 Tablespoon(s) Edible Oil Or Ghee To Fry Kebabs
- Take a large bowl & add all the ground spices to minced lamb (except oil/ghee).
- Refrigerate the mixture for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, take out the mixture from the refrigerator & mould it into patties.
- Pre-heat oil/ghee in a heavy-bottomed skillet on medium flame.
- Place the patties in the oil carefully & deep fry until golden brown.
- Turn the kebabs occasionally for uniform cooking & color.
- When cooked, transfer the fried kebabs to a plate lined with paper towel to drain excess oil.
- Drizzle the kebabs with lemon juice & serve hot with Mint-Coriander Chutney.
Contact Chef: Payal Jethani
If you like this recipe, you may also try:
You can also try Veg Hara Bhara Kebab Recipe.