Malai Matar is a scrumptious North Indian main course dish that is prepared from matar (green peas) & malai (heavy cream) & Indian spices. The flavorful & aromatic Malai Matar recipe has creamy, smooth & delicious gravy.
Try your hands on this Simple and easy to make malai matar recipe by following the cooking instructions given below. Surprise your family & guests by serving this delectable malai matar cuisine on extravagant weekend dinner, lunch, house parties or potluck. Restaurant style malai matar is sure to leave your guests spellbind, longing for more.
Pair up delicious Malai Matar with chapattis, naan, Tandoori roti or layered Laccha parantha. It also tastes best with jeera rice or boiled rice. Happy Cooking!
Click the play button below to play the YouTube Video Recipe for Sindhi Malai Matar.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 3 Cup(s) Green Peas (Matar)
- 1 1/2 Cup(s) Cream of Milk (Malai)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Red Chili Powder
- Salt to Taste
- Boil green peas (matar) for around 10 minutes or till they become tender.
- Drain out the water from green peas & keep them aside.
- Pre-heat a pan & put cream (malai) in it. Give the cream a good stir till its gets smooth.
- Now add salt, turmeric & red chili powder to the cream & mix it well.
- Cook the cream on slow flame for about 5-7 minutes.
- Add boiled green peas to the cream when it begins to leave ghee & give it a good stir. Turn off the gas.
- Malai matar is ready. Garnish with coriander leaves & serve hot with chapatis.
Contact Chef: Payal Jethani
Tips: Use Fresh Green Peas Only
Tastes best when served with hot chapati