The Hyderabadi Shikampuri kebabs are exotic appetizer from the royal kitchen of Hyderabad. Similar to Shami kebabs, the mouth – watering kebabs could be served with many dips. The Shikampur kebab, when paired with green chutney tastes unimaginable.
Try your hands on this step by step Shikampur kebab recipe. These luscious kebabs can be served as a great kick start to your brunch party or dinner.
Prepare the Lamb kebab recipe and surprise your family with this tasty treat.
This aromatic dish is something to die for! Let us start with the delicious Shikampur kebab recipe.
|Prep Time||20 Minutes|
|Cook Time||40 Minutes|
- 2 Pound(s) Ground Lamb Fresh
- 1/4 Cup(s) Ghee
- 1 Tbsp Ginger Finely Chopped
- 1/4 Cup(s) Chana Dal
- 1 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 5 Whole Cayenne
- 1 Tbsp Turmeric Powder
- 3 Serrano
- 1/2 Cup(s) Cilantro Chopped
- 1/4 Cup(s) Peppermint Chopped
- 3 Whole Cloves
- 4 Cardamom Powder
- 1 Tbsp Black Cumin
- 1 Tbsp Black Peppercorn
- Salt As Per Taste
- 2 Cup(s) Water
- 1/4 Cup(s) Besan If Needed
- 1 Cup(s) Whole Milk Yogurt
- 2 Cup(s) Onions Finely Chopped
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Peppermint Finely Chopped
- Hang the yogurt overnight to drain the excessive water.
- By using a paper towel, remove water from chopped onions.
- Make a paste by mixing the yogurt, chopped onions, Serrano and Peppermint.
Prepare Lamb Kebab
- Heat Ghee, in a heavy bottom Pan.
- Add ground Lamb and fry till it has a brown texture.
- Apart from besan, add all the ingredients in the pan. Bring it to a boil.
- Till Chana Dal and Lamb are cooked, simmer the flame. Add more water if required.
- There shouldn't be any water left in the pan. Also, make sure the lamb is tender.
- Transfer the above mixture to food processor. Grind to form dough like consistency. You can add besan, if required.
- Take about 2 tablespoon of the lamb mixture. Roll and then flatten it. Put about 1 tablespoon of filling on it.
- To form the round ball, bring the edges together and enclose the filling.
- Gently press the ball to form a patty.
- Dip the patty in egg wash. Pan Fry for about 4 minutes. Fry on both sides until turn brown.
Contact Chef: Payal Jethani
If you like this recipe, you may also try: