Methi Machi is a scrumptious & healthy fish curry cuisine made with a good deal of fenugreek seeds and Kasuri Methi that give out a unique & distinctive flavor to the recipe.
Methi Machi is a luscious curd based curry with fish being the main ingredient. For this Machi recipe, people generally prefer the Black Pomfret or Cat fish; however you can use any fish. This simple recipe of Methi machchi can be prepared to jazz up the menus on weekends or a house party.
In this tasty fish recipe, the fish fillets are marinated, deep fried & then simmered in spicy & sour gravy along with Kasuri Methi. The recipe makes a savory combo with some crispy Laccha Paratha or Rice on the side.
As Weekends are often described as extravagant dinner days with family & kids, you can try your hands on this tasty fish recipe, Methi Machi to perk up the menu for coming weekend. To learn how to make Methi Machi at home, follow the instructions given below:
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||40 minutes|
- 750 Grams Fish Cut into Slices
- 4 Tablespoon Edible Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Fenugreek Seeds Methi Dana
- 2 Medium Sized Onions Grind it to Paste
- 2 Green Chilis Slit them into half
- 2 Teaspoon Garlic Paste
- 1 Cup Yogurt (Curd / Dahi)
- 1 Teaspoon Red Chili Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 2 Teaspoon Coriander Powder (Dhania Powder)
- Salt to Taste
- 2 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 2 Teaspoon Kasuri Methi
- Wash the fish pieces & smear it with some salt, turmeric & lemon juice. Keep it aside for 30 minutes.
- Heat 2 tablespoon of cooking oil in a pan & fry the fish pieces until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoon oil another pan & add fenugreek seeds, onion paste and green chili to it.
- Now add garlic paste & fry till the paste in uniformly sautéed
- Mix all the dry spices in the yogurt & add that yogurt to the pan with onion & garlic paste.
- Sauté it for 2-3 minutes until oil starts to separates. Add a cup of water, if required.
- Add the cooked fish pieces to the pan & cook for another 5-7 minutes.
- Now add Kasuri Methi & cook for 10 minutes more. Serve hot with Rice or Roti.
Contact Chef: Payal Jethani
You may also try other fish recipes:
One thought on “How To Make Luscious Methi Machi Recipe | Indian Cuisine”
I love fish and would try this recipe as soon as possible!!!