Dragon Chicken is a renowned Indo-Chinese starter recipe that is prepared with chicken & piquant red sauce. Chicken strips are marinated, deep fried & then sautéed in a tangy sauce. The Chinese dragon chicken is relished across the world because of its sweet & spicy Indo-Chinese taste. It is served as an appetizer or a side dish with chicken fried rice, vegetable fried rice or any Asian rice preparation.
Try your hands on this easy and quick dragon chicken to kick start lunch, dinner or house parties. I bet you are going to love this crispy dragon chicken recipe.
Follow the cooking instructions given below to learn how to make dragon chicken at home. We have used cashew nuts & Szechwan sauce to add to its already flavorful taste.
|Prep Time||25 minutes|
|Cook Time||40 minutes|
- 800 Gram(s) Boneless Chicken
- 2 Eggs
- 20 Gram(s) Corn Flour
- 20 Gram(s) Salt
- 20 Gram(s) Pepper
- 10 Gram(s) Red Dried Chilies
- 20 Gram(s) Chopped Garlic
- 100 Gram(s) Cashew Nuts / Kaju
- 5 Gram(s) Sugar
- 10 ML Soy Sauce
- 10 ML Vinegar
- 100 ML Sesame oil
- 60 Gram(s) Szechwan Sauce
- 300 ML Edible Oil
- Slice the chicken pieces into trips of ½ inch each.
- Dip the pieces in egg white & then in cornstarch mixed with a pinch of salt.
- Heat oil in a wok & fry the chicken pieces until golden brown.
- Drain the fried chicken pieces on a plate & set it aside.
- Fry the cashew nuts in moderately-hot oil until lightly brown & crunchy. You may use canned or packed cashew nuts.
- Slice the long dried pepper in to small circumferential pieces & chop the hot red peppers into finer pieces.
- Take another bowl & add soy sauce, salt, sugar, vinegar & sesame oil to it & mix well.
- Heat oil in wok. Add chopped garlic, sliced red peppers & spring peppers & stir fry for 3 minutes.
- Add chicken & cashew nuts. Pour the contents of the small bowl containing the mixed sauce into the wok. (Refer Step 7).
- Now add rice wine. Stir fry over high heat for another 2 minutes. Serve hot with chilli flakes or Szechwan sauce.
Contact Chef: Payal Jethani
If you like this recipe, you may also try:
One thought on “How to Make Crispy Dragon Chicken | Chinese Cuisine”
This is a unique recipe. I have to try it right away but it looks pretty tasty.
Thanks for such wonderful recipes