Is your sweet tooth craving for the tastiest Indian dessert? Unable to find a perfect savour? Well, how about Ras Malai? The soft, spongy and delicious RasMalai cake will definitely cease your hunger for sweet! Though a Bengali delicacy, yet it is one of the most popular desserts for sweet lovers. How about planning to prepare melt in the mouth rasmalai at home!
Preparing kasari rasmalai sweet at home is not a difficult task. All you need to do is, gather the rasmalai ingredients and follow the easy rasmalai recipe!
Master Chefs, make this festive season delicious with the best homemade Ras Malai! Try your hands now!
|Prep Time||20 Minutes|
|Cook Time||25 Minutes|
- 100 Gram(s) Refine Flour
- 300 Gram(s) Sugar
- 3 Gram(s) Ilachi Powder
- 20 Gram(s) Pistachio Flakes
- 20 Gram(s) Almond Flakes
- 200 ML Water
- 2 ML Rose Essence
- 500 ML Milk
- 50 ML Lemon Juice
- Heat milk in a pan and bring it to boil. Remove the boiled milk from heat and add citric acid or lemon juice to it.
- Stir slowly until the white curd is formed on the surface. Once, it is separated from whey, strain the milk using a clean cloth to get the remaining curd.
- The curd that is obtained is called ‘Chenna’. Wash it well under cold running water.
- Knead Chenna to form smooth dough. Add the refined flour and knead again.
- Divide the dough into equal parts, prepare small balls and keep them aside.
- Now, it’s time to make sugar syrup. In order to prepare the syrup, mix sugar and water in a saucepan & bring it to boil.
- Add Chenna balls to the syrup and cook for 15 minutes. Make sure to partially cover the pan with lid. The Chenna dumplings will puff up!
- Remove the saucepan from flame. On cooling, add rose essence to dumplings and keep aside.
- Boil milk in a heavy base saucepan & bring it boil.
- Once the milk is boiled, reduce the flame to medium and cook until it becomes creamy & thick. Do not forget to stir the milk occasionally to prevent its sticking to the pan.
- Now, add sugar to the thick creamy milk, cook for 5 minutes and turn the flame off.
- Once the milk gets cold, add the previously prepared Chenna dumplings to it. Garnish with Pistachio and Almond flakes.
- Refrigerate and serve chilled!
Contact Chef: Payal Jethani
If you like this recipe, you may also try: