Breakfast is an important part of the meal and when it is crispy and delicious it just makes your day. Today I bring to you the recipe for Sindhi Style Bread Rolls. This Easy Bread Roll Recipe is a great add on to your list of snacks. Kids love these bread rolls and it is also an amazing starter. Usually the potato is boiled and finely mashed for bread rolls but for this Sindhi Bread Roll Recipe, we will not mash the potatoes finely.
The recipe is simple and require bare minimum spices. The stuffing is made my mashing the potatoes and missing it with salt, red chili powder, Cumin powder, mango powder, chat masala & garam masala. The traditional Bread Roll Recipe require you to add fresh coriander and a finely chopped green chili. The Stuffing can be altered by adding grated cottage cheese & Finely Chopped Onions to the stuffing while mixing.
So without further delay let us start making these mouth-watering, crispy & yummalicious breakfast – Crispy Bread Rolls.
Click here to SUBSCRIBE TO THE CHEF PAYAL JETHANI’S YOUTUBE CHANNEL.
Click here to play the YouTube Video Recipe for Sindhi Bread Rolls.
|Prep Time||20 Minutes|
|Cook Time||15 Minutes|
- 6 Pcs Medium Sized Potatoes Boiled
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Coriander Leaves Finely Chopped
- 1 Pcs Green Chili Finely Chopped
- 1 Tsp. Cumin Powder/ Jeera Powder
- 2 Tsp. Salt As Per Taste
- 1 Tsp. Dry Mango Powder / Amchoor
- 1 Tsp. Chaat Masala
- 1 Tsp. Red Chili Powder
- 1/2 Tsp. Garam Masala
- 10 Pcs Bread Slices Sides Cut Off (Optional)
- 2 Cup Water At Room Temperature for Soaking the Bread
- Oil For Frying the Rolls
- To prepare the stuffing for the rolls, mash the potatoes and add them to a mixing bowl. Do not fine mash the potatoes.
- To these mashed potatoes add 2 Tsp. Salt, 1 Tsp. Red Chili Powder, 1 Tsp. Cumin Powder, ½ Tsp. Garam Masala, 1 Tsp. Mango Powder, 1 Tsp Chat Masala, 1 Finely Chopped Green Chili & ¼ Cup Finely Chopped Fresh Coriander Leaves. At this point you can add grated cottage cheese and finely chopped onions to the stuffing. Mix the potatoes with the spices well. This concludes preparing of the stuffing.
- For preparing the rolls, take 2 cups of water in a bowl. Remember the water should be at room temperature. You will also need a place to place the roll on and the stuffing we just prepared.
- Dip / Soak a slice of bread in the water and then press between the palms of your hand to squeeze out the water from the bread slice.
- Now take a small portion from the stuffing and place at the center of the bread slice. Now fold the corners of the bread slice to pack the roll.
- After packing, press slightly by cupping the roll between the fingers of your hands to squeeze out any remaining water if any.
- Now roll between the fingers of both the hands to give it an oval shape. Prepare the remaining Roll in a similar manner.
- On high flame, preheat the oil in a wok. Add the rolls to this hot oil one after the other. Make sure the frying is done on high flame. IF the oils is not hot the rolls will absorb a lot of oil.
- Keep flipping and fry till they turn golden brown in color. Once they turn golden brown in color, take them out on a place with paper towel to absorb the extra oil.
- Fry the remaining rolls. Serve with Min Coriander Chutney and Tomato Ketchup.
Contact Chef: Payal Jethani
Tips: Fry on high flame. Start frying only after the oil is sufficiently hot. The rolls would absorb a lot of oil if fried on low flame.
Goes well with: Mint Coriander Chutney and Tomato Ketchup.