This simple recipe will teach you how to make two different kinds of Mint Coriander Chutneys (धनिये पुदीने के चटनियाँ) with the same chutney base i.e. the pure Mint Coriander Chutney & the Restaurant Style Curd Mint Coriander Chutney. Both of them are also called the Hari Chutney.
Mint Coriander Chutney, also known as the Hari Chutney, is the most versatile Indian condiment. It is used as a condiment with almost every grilled and fried Indian snack. The pure mint coriander chutney is used as a spread with sandwiches like the club sandwich, grilled sandwich and also with the famous disco sandwich. It is also used as a dip with samosas, pakodas & a lot of other fried snacks. Not to mention that it is a major part of Sindhi Dal Pakwan & the famous Aloo Tikki Chole.
The Curd Mint Coriander Chutney aka Dahi Wali Hari Chutney (दही वाली हरी चटनी) is served at almost all the Indian Restaurants. It is served with tandoori chicken, Fish Fry, Chicken Tikka, Paneer Tikka & the list can go on. Both these chutneys are extremely easy to make. There are a few variation that I will cover in coming videos.
The consumption of mint is good for health during summers. Mint or pudina is good for Irritable Bowel Syndrome, relives indigestion, reduces breastfeeding pain, subjectively Improves Cold Symptoms & is a refreshing mouth freshener.
Coriander or Dhaniya on the other hand helps lower blood sugar, Rich in immune-boosting antioxidants & is good for indigestion, skin & brain.
Click here to SUBSCRIBE TO THE CHEF PAYAL JETHANI’S YOUTUBE CHANNEL.
Click the play button below to play YouTube Video Recipe for Two Mint Coriander Chutneys from the same base.
|Prep Time||15 Minutes|
- 100 Grams Green Coriander Roughly Chopped with Stems
- 100 Grams Fresh Mint Leaves
- 2 Pcs Fresh Green Chilies Roughly Chopped
- 1/2 Inch Ginger Roughly Chopped
- 6-8 Cloves garlic
- 1 Pcs Onion Medium Sized & Roughly Chopped
- 1 Pcs Lemon
- 1/2 Cup Curd Whisked Properly
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1 Tspn Chaat Masala
- 1 Tspn Regular Salt To Taste
- As the base of both the chutneys is the same, so we will first prepare the base.
- Add roughly chopped green coriander to a mixer grinder. We chopped stems along with the leaves as this enhances flavor and nutrients of the chutneys.
- After Coriander, add roughly chop green chilies to the mixer grinder. If the chilies are too hot and you still want to enjoy the flavor, deseed and soak in cold water for 10 minutes before adding them to the grinder.
- After green chilies add fresh mint leaves. Mint leaves are good for health especially in summers.
- After green chilies add roughly chopped onions, garlic, ginger and salt as per your taste.
- Finally add 1/4 cup of water and grind to make a fine paste.
- After Grinding the Chutney base is ready. You can store this chutney base in the freezer for almost 30 days. At this point we will divide the chutney into two parts. 1/4th chutney base in one bowl for the Curd Mint Coriander Chutney (दही वाली हरी चटनी) & 3/4th in another bowl for the pure Mint Coriander Chutney.
- To prepare pure Mint Coriander Chutney add 1 lemon juice and 1/4th Tspn chaat masala to the bowl with 3/4th of the chutney base and mix well.
- Pure Mint Coriander Chutney is ready.
- To prepare Curd Mint Coriander Chutney add half cup whisked curd and 3/4th Tspn chaat masala to the bowl that has 1/4 of the chutney base.
- Mix all three ingredients well till they merge completely.
- Restaurant style curd mint coriander chutney is ready.
Contact Chef: Payal Jethani
Tricks: To reduce heat from green chilies, slit chilies lengthwise and deseed them. Soak chilies in ice cold water for 10 minutes before adding them to the grinder.
Goes well with: Aloo Tikkis, Pakodas, Tandoori Chicken, Fish Fingers & almost everything etc.