A synonym for our country India is Spices. We not only add spices to our food but to our Tea too. The mix of spices to make this tea special is called the Chai Masala Powder. Chai or Tea as you may call it is a part of our everyday life. This chai masala is a calculated mix of eight spices. These spices are cloves, green cardamom, black cardamom, fennel seeds, cinnamon, dry ginger powder & nutmeg. These spices are roasted and then ground together. This Indian Tea Masala is not only amazing in its taste and aroma but is an amazing immunity booster.
Every spices in this tea masala powder has its own benefits but when combined together as tea masala powder the health benefits increase in manifolds. It is not only anti-bacterial, anti-fungal & anti-inflammatory but it also is full of anti-oxidants. This chai masala helps regulate blood pressure and blood sugar and also enhances brain and heart activity. It surprisingly helps protect against cancer. A cup of masala chai or masala tea helps during cough, cold and flu.
So let us learn how to make this chai masala at home.
Click here to SUBSCRIBE TO THE CHEF PAYAL JETHANI’S YOUTUBE CHANNEL.
Hereunder is the YouTube Video Recipe for Chai Masala Powder from the same base.
|Prep Time||15 Minutes|
- 3 tbsp Green Cardamom
- 2 tbsp Cloves
- 2 Inch Cinnamon Stick
- 2 tbsp Black Pepper Corns
- 2 tbsp Dry Ginger Powder (Saunth Powder )
- 1 tbsp Fennel Seeds (Saunf)
- 4 Pcs Black Cardamom (Badi Ilaychi)
- 1 Pcs Nutmeg (Jaifal)
- We will first roast the spices in a pan. To do so add Green Cardamoms, Cinnamon Stick, Black Cardamom, Fennel Seeds, Cloves, Black Pepper Corns and a Nutmeg to a pan.
- Roast these spices on low flame for 5 to 7 minutes.
- These spices would start giving out aroma.
- When the spices are roasted dish them out in a plate and let them cool down to room temperature.
- When spices cool down add all ingredients to a grinding jar & add dry ginger powder.
- Cover and grind the spices for 30 to 40 seconds.
- After grinding Chai Masala is ready. Store this chai masala in air tight container.
Contact Chef: Payal Jethani
Tips: One teaspoon for is good for 4 cups of tea.