Bhindi Do Pyaza is a delicious North Indian bhindi gravy dish that is healthy & tastes amazing. This Bhindi Masala gravy dish is prepared with bhindi, onions, tomatoes & mélange of Indian spices. What makes this bhindi Pyaz recipe finger-licking is aroma of Garam Masala & Pan Fried Lady-fingers.
Bhindi also known as Ladyfinger or Okra is one of the most common vegetable in Indian households. It is rich in Vitamin A, C & K, Iron, Calcium and Anti-oxidants. This healthy vegetable is known to ease constipation & bowel function.
It is used in various ways to prepare delicious recipes. Some of the lip-smacking Bhindi Recipes include Bhindi Fry, Bhindi Bharwa, Aloo Bhindi, Bharli Bhendi & Besan wali Bhindi. It is also used with other veggies in the South Indian Gravy Dish, Sambar.
Try your hands on this Bhindi Masala Gravy recipe & serve it for lunch or dinner. The healthy Bhindi do Pyaza tastes best when paired with rice or chapattis. It can also be served as a side-dish with dal-rice.
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||25 minutes|
- 1000 Gram(s) Bhindi
- 200 Gram(s) Onion
- 5 Gram(s) Kalonji (Nigella)
- 5 Gram(s) Jeera
- 10 Gram(s) Ginger
- 10 Gram(s) Green Chili
- 50 Gram(s) Curd
- 20 Gram(s) Salt
- 5 Gram(s) Turmeric Powder
- 10 Gram(s) Red Chili Powder
- 5 Gram(s) Amchur
- 100 ML Edible Oil
- Rinse ladyfingers under running water & rinse them. Wipe off the washed ladyfingers with a clean kitchen towel to remove all the moisture. Or leave it on counter top to air dry for some time.
- When dried, chop off both the ends of the ladyfingers (bhindi).
- Chop the ladyfingers to ¾ inch pieces.
- Chop 75% onion & green chilies. Cut remaining onion in rings.
- Make a paste of ginger & whisk the curd.
- Saute the onion rings in oil until golden brown. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a wok. Add cumin seeds (Jeera) & fennel flower (Kalonji) & allow it to crackle.
- Add onion, turmeric powder, red chili powder, ginger paste, green chili to the wok. Cook till the onion gets tender.
- Now add chopped bhindi & salt to wok. Cook on slow fire till bhindi gets tender.
- Add whisked curd to wok & stir well. Cook till the curd dries out.
- Put a pinch of Amchur (Mango Powder) on Bhindi & mix well.
- Pour the cooked bhindi in a serving bowl & garnish with brown onion. Serve hot with Rice or chapattis.
Contact Chef: Payal Jethani
If you like this recipe, you may also try Paneer Tikka Masala, Gatta Curry or Malai Matar