Breakfast is the most important meal of the day & Sindhis take it very seriously. Known for the business skill the Sindhis do not waste anything leave aside the Roti’s. This is one of the two ways to make the Sindhi Seyal Maani.
This recipe is healthy and nutritious and uses the leftover Roti’s. You can also make fresh phulkas to make this breakfast but the leftover roti’s taste the best. It uses very basic ingredients i.e. Fenugreek or Methi, Fresh Garlic, Tomatoes, Green Chilies with bare minimum spices i.e. salt & red chili powder.
Some people saute or cook the stuffing while preparing the Seyal Fulkas but this reduces the quantity as the Fenugreek and garlic shrink. Sautéing also kills the taste of Methi and Garlic. Thus, traditionally Sindhi prefer filling the roti’s with raw stuffing. There is a particular method to fold the roti’s to create the cavities for filing the stuffing. Once filled shallow fry till the roti’s are crispy and golden brown from both sides. Serve hot with papad and Mint Chutney.
So without further delay let us start making this breakfast.
Click here to SUBSCRIBE TO THE CHEF PAYAL JETHANI’S YOUTUBE CHANNEL.
Click here to play the YouTube Recipe Video for Sindhi Stuffed Methi Fulke or Sindhi Seyal Phulka.
|Prep Time||10 Minutes|
|Cook Time||10 Minutes|
- 5 Pcs Rotis Leftover Rotis Preferred
- 1 Cup Methi Leaves Fresh and Crushed
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Garlic Crushed
- 1 Pcs Tomato / Tamatar Finely Chopped
- 1 Pcs Green Chili Deseeded and Finely chopped
- 1 Tsp Regular Salt (नमक) As Per Taste
- 1 Rsp Red Chili Powder / Lal Mirch Powder
- 1 Tbsp Clarified Butter / Ghee
- To a mixing bowl, add crushed Methi leaves, crushed fresh garlic, chopped tomatoes, green chili, chopped tomatoes, salt and red chili powder. Mix well. Mash the tomatoes a little while mixing. The stuffing is now ready.
- Fold the rotis twice i.e. first in half then fold again so as to create two cavities. (Fourfold the Rotis)
- Fill the stuffing in the cavities. Fill 1 to 1.5 table spoons of stuffing in each cavity.
- After stuffing, press the, slightly between your palms and place them aside on a plate. Repeat this step till all Rotis are stuffed,
- Take a flat bottom pan and heat some clarified butter / ghee.
- Once the ghee has melted, place the stuffed rotis in the pan.
- Fry them on a low or medium flame so that the stuffing cooks a little and the rotis are crispy from both the sides.
- Fry each side for about 1 to 1.5 minutes. Keep pressing and flipping with a spatula. This ensures crispy rotis.
- Shallow fry the rotis for 3 to 3.5 minutes. Fry till they are crispy and golden brown from both sides.
- Likewise shallow fry all rotis.
- Sindhi stuffed methi fluke are ready to serve. Serve them as is or with mint coriander chutney.
Contact Chef: Payal Jethani
Goes well with: Mint Coriander Chutney, Dahi , Papad etc
Check out other Sindhi Recipes.