The growing viability of electric vehicle technology for commercial use has compelled manufacturers, to put the first generation of battery-electric trucks on the roads. The announcement of introducing Tesla cybertruck has represented the industry’s first step towards a future beyond the internal combustion engine.
Boasting advanced technology, Tesla cybertruck is a 100% clean commercial electric pickup vehicle that will be developed by Tesla, Inc. The new tesla truck 2019 was unveiled at the Tesla Design Studio in Los Angeles on 21 November 2019. This electric vehicle aims to provide a sustainable energy substitute to fossil fuel powered trucks.
Tesla cybertruck Model Specifications
The cybertruck comes in three amazing models. These models are distinguished on the basis of their range estimates, top speed, towing capacity etc. These are:
Single Motor RWD (Rear Wheel Drive)
- Range estimate: 250 miles (400 km)
- Tesla Cybertruck Top Speed: 110 mph (175 km/h)
- Towing Capacity: 7,500 lb (3,400 kg)
- Price: $39,900
Dual Motor AWD (All Wheel Drive)
- Range estimate: 300 miles (480 km)
- Tesla Cybertruck Top Speed: 120 mph (195 km/h)
- Towing Capacity: 10, 000 lb (4,550 kg)
- Price: $49,900
Tri Motor AWD (All Wheel Drive)
- Range estimate: 500 miles (800 km)
- Tesla Cybertruck Top Speed: 130 mph (210 km/h)
- Towing Capacity: 14,000 lb (6,350 kg)
- Price: $69,900
All the models have same storage space i.e. 100 cubic feet (2.8 m3), and cargo area i.e. 6.5-foot-long (2.0 m)
New Tesla cybertruck features
Coolest features of tesla cyber truck include:
Tesla Cybertruck exterior
- Strong Exoskeleton: The truck features an exterior shell made from Ultra-Hard 30X Cold-Rolled stainless-steel for ultimate durability and passenger protection. This smooth monochrome exoskeleton will also help eliminate dents, damage and long-term corrosion.
- Tesla Armor Glass: Tesla cybertruck glasses comprise of ultra-strong and polymer-layered composite that can absorb and redirect impact force. This ensures improved performance and damage tolerance.
- CARGO AREA: The cargo area in the rear of the cybertruck has 100 cubic feet of enclosed exterior storage. This area is lockable.
- Tough Tonneau Cover: The cargo area can be closed with a tough tonneau cover that has the capacity to withstand the weight of one person.
Tesla Cybertruck Interior
- Considerable Passenger Accommodation: The passenger pickup can accommodate 6 people.
- Huge Payload Capacity & Adjustable Air Suspension: The Cybertruck has a huge payload capacity of 3,500 pounds as well as tow more than 18,000 pounds. The feature of adaptive air suspension enables the raising and lowering of the Cybertruck’s suspension by four inches.
- On-board Power Supply: The facility of on-board power supply enables you to plug-in tools and other appliances.
Performance & Efficiency: The low center of gravity & powerful drive train provide remarkable torque & traction control. Moreover, the performance & efficiency of Tesla cyber truck is unbeatable when compared with other commercial vehicles like Ford F-150. It even performs as a better sports car than Porsche 911.
The production of Tesla Cyber truck is scheduled in late 2021 and will expand to offer more configurations in 2022. However, the automaker claims that the cybertruck has already received a whopping 1.46 lakh pre-orders with no advertising and paid endorsement.