Basmati Pulao is a flavorful & aromatic rice cuisine that is prepared by cooking basmati rice with vegetables & mélange of spices. What makes this vegetable Pulao recipe a mouth-watering cuisine is the use of spices such as cinnamon, cloves & cardamom. Some other Basmati Pulao ingredients include cashew nuts, raisins & saffron.
The goodness of vegetables such as carrot, cauliflower & peas used in this restaurant style vegetable Pulao makes this rice pilaf healthy. Jeera Pulao, Soya Pulao, Shahi Pulao, Kashmiri Pulao, Vegetable Subz Biryani & Jeera Veg Pulao are some of the varieties of Rice Pilaf.
This aromatic & heavenly delicacy is savored with delight not only in India, but across the world. It is mostly found on the menus for parties, weddings, celebrations, pot-lucks & buffets. It is a great meal to pack for office & school lunch boxes.
Try your hands at this easy to make restaurant style vegetable Pulao at home & flaunt your culinary skills at your family & friends. Pair it up with raita, any of your favorite curries or kurma.
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||25 minutes|
- 400 Gram(s) Basmati Rice
- 100 Gram(s) Ghee
- 1 Cinnamon Stick / Dalcheeni / dalchini
- 4 Cloves
- 2 Cardamom
- 10 Gram(s) Raisins
- 10 Gram(s) Cashew Nuts / Kaju
- 5 Gram(s) Ginger
- 5 Gram(s) garlic
- 5 Gram(s) Green chilies
- 50 Gram(s) Peas
- 50 Gram(s) Cauliflower
- 50 Gram(s) Carrot
- 0.5 Gram(s) Saffron
- 5 Gram(s) Turmeric Powder
- 20 Gram(s) Salt
- 2 Chopped Onions
- 5 Fresh Mint Leaves
- Soak rice in water for half an hour.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of ghee in pan. Fry Cashew Nuts & Raisins. Keep it aside.
- Heat the remaining ghee in a thick bottomed pan.
- Add spices such as ginger, garlic, clove, cinnamon & mint leaves to ghee. Now add onion & green chilies and leave for 10 minutes.
- Add vegetables & mix well. Cook until the vegetables get tender.
- Now add turmeric power, rice, salt, water & saffron & stir well.
- Cover the pan with lid & cook until the rice is well cooked on slow flame. Stir the rice once in a while.
- Once cooked, take the rice in a serving bowl. Add fried nuts to it & mix well.
- Serve hot. Pair it up with raita or your choice of curry.
Contact Chef: Payal Jethani
If you like this recipe, you may also try Vegetable Subz Biryani