Waldorf salad is a refreshing salad that is fresh, crisp & sweet. The classic Waldorf Salad Recipe includes chopped apples, mayonnaise, cream & walnut.
The original Waldorf Salad Recipe consisted of only diced apples, celery & mayonnaise. Chopped Walnut kernels were added to the recipe later.
Over the years, many variations of this salad have been developed. Even you can customize this refreshing salad recipe simply by modifying the Salad ingredients. You may replace mayonnaise with yogurt & add raisins, pomegranate seeds, dried cranberries, broccoli, pecans or dates to it.
Serve this Classic American Salad as side-dish to grace any meal. Refer to the instructions mentioned below to learn how to prepare healthy Waldorf Salad at home-
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
- 1 Kilogram Apple
- 200 Gram(s) Walnut
- 100 Gram(s) Cream
- 300 Gram(s) Mayonnaise
- 15 Gram(s) Salt
- 10 Gram(s) White Pepper
- 200 Gram(s) Lettuce
- Wash the apples & cut them into even size dices.
- Take a large bowl & whisk the mayonnaise, cream, salt & white pepper together in it.
- Now stir in diced apples & walnut kernels to the bowl.
- Cover the salad & refrigerate it until cold.
- Serve cold on a bed of green lettuce leaves.
Contact Chef: Payal Jethani
If you like this recipe, you may also try:
1). Greek Salad