Hot and Sour Chicken Soup is a classic Chinese soup recipe which is loaded with mushrooms, carrot, ginger, garlic, bamboo shoots & cabbage. This tangy & spicy chicken soup recipe is savored across the world with delight because of its kick of heat & authentic Chinese flavors.
The hot and sour chicken soup recipe is incredibly easy to make. You enter kitchen; toss some ingredients together, and come out with a piping hot bowl of hot chicken soup.
Try your hands on this easy chicken soup recipe to end your pangs of hunger. You may garnish it with fresh cilantro & mix well. Serve piping hot.
|Prep Time||30 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 2 Inch Piece of Carrot
- 1/4 Cup Shredded Cabbage
- 10-12 Button Mushrooms
- 2 Inch Piece of Bamboo Shoots (Optional)
- 8-10 Fresh Beans
- 150 Gram(s) Chicken
- 1 Tablespoon(s) Ginger Garlic Minced
- 1 Tablespoon(s) Soy Sauce
- 1/2 Tablespoon(s) Chili Powder (or 2 tbsp Red Chili Sauce)
- 1/4 Teaspoon White Pepper (Grounded)
- 2 Tablespoon Corn Flour
- 1 Egg (Beaten)
- 1 Teaspoon Chili Oil
- 2 Cup(s) Stock
- 1 Tablespoon(s) Vinegar
- Salt to Taste
- Cut all the vegetables in a julienne style.
- Wash chicken properly & cut it in julienne style.
- Heat some oil in a wok (Bowl-shaped Frying Pan).
- Now add chicken & all the vegetables to it & sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the stock over veggies & chicken and bring it to a boil.
- Season it with pepper, soy, salt, chili sauce, chili oil & vinegar & mix well.
- Add corn flour slurry & keep stirring until soup thickens.
- Drizzle in one beaten egg & stir continuously to get the threads.
- The delicious hot and sour chicken soup is ready. Serve piping hot.
Contact Chef: Sugandha Mathur
Click here to know what is Julienne Cut